SubjectRe: SDHCI regression since 2.6.39
On 09/14/2011 11:38 AM, Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 14 2011, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>> I powered it off with battery unplugged for about an hour, and rebooted
>> into the known-working kernel, making sure that any fancy power mgmt
>> features were disabled (like aspm), but it still failed in the same way.
>>
>> I'm wondering if it's simply something like the socket has failed, and
>> one or more of the terminals isn't connecting to the card? Though that
>> would only show problems on card insertion, but I gather the driver is
>> having problems from the moment it detects the controller?
> I don't think it's true that we're having any problems talking to the
> controller other than with a card inserted -- do you see any errors in
> dmesg before inserting a card?
>
> It could indeed be some kind of signal integrity issue. The easy way to
> investigate that would be to boot Windows and see if it works there, and
> the hard way would be to find a friendly hardware hacker with a nice scope.

I have the original HDD with Windows on it around here somewhere; when I
get the chance I'll switch them around and see what Windows thinks of it
(I guess if its still failing then its a warranty fix).

  Last update: 2011-09-14 21:57    [W:0.048 / U:0.628 seconds]