SubjectRe: RFC : fat : default errors use FAT_ERRORS_CONT instead of FAT_ERRORS_RO.
Date
NamJae Jeon <linkinjeon@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi ogawa.
>
> I found different error exception between linux fat and windows fat.
>
> When fat is currputed by sudden unplug usb device formatted fat, fat
> does never change RO partition on windows.
>
> It said windows fat provide a chance that continuously access
> partition except corrupted file.
>
> Currently when access corrupted file, linux fat change RO parition
> from RW. So user no longer do open/write on linux fat.
>
> I suggest that the default errors of linux fat use FAT_ERRORS_CONT
> instead of FAT_ERRORS_RO.
>
> I want to know your opinion.

I think it is dangerous, and the default should be safer side.

If driver noticed the corruption, it means FS is not unknown state
anymore. Any files/directories are possibly corrupted.

Even if you change the file that seems to be uncorrupted, it may make FS
unrecoverable more. (e.g. lose all data in worst case)

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@mail.parknet.co.jp>

  Last update: 2011-10-13 07:03    [W:0.076 / U:0.296 seconds]