SubjectRe: mounting cifs filesystems not possible
From
See my original post to LKML at http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/7/15/217.
You can see kernel version, and dmesg output (including cifsFYI set to
7) there.
I did file a bug report to gentoo bug list and lkml. Shall I also do
so for bugzilla.samba.org ? I think it's more kernel related.

The DebugData of the share I'm trying to mount (fortunaltely I got a
successful mount after several tries):

brklev2b ~ # cat /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData
Display Internal CIFS Data Structures for Debugging
CIFS Version 1.57
Active VFS Requests: 0
Servers:
1) Name: 10.5.12.105 Domain: EUROPE Uses: 1 OS: Windows Server 2003
R2 3790 Service Pack 1
NOS: Windows Server 2003 R2 5.2 Capability: 0x1f3fd
SMB session status: 1 TCP status: 1
Local Users To Server: 1 SecMode: 0x3 Req On Wire: 0
Shares:
1) \\BRKVN05\AtlasPM Mounts: 1 Type: NTFS DevInfo: 0x20
Attributes: 0x700ff
PathComponentMax: 255 Status: 0x1 type: DISK DISCONNECTED

MIDs:

Gerhard