    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.27-rc1
    On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:23:21PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > The build system also got updated to
    > allow moving the architecture include files ("include/asm-xyz") into the
    > architecture subdirectories ("arch/xyz/include/asm"), and sparc seems to
    > have taken advantage of that already.

    Most architectures are easy to convert. But those that uses
    symlinks to select between different platforms etc needs a bit more
    care if we shall get rid of all symlinks.

    Paul already fixed up sh and sent you a pull request.
    I have something ready for arm (not yet posted).
    And I sent Harvaard a small script that can fix avr32 when arm is done.
    cris looks similar and I can take care too.

    The rest that does not use additiona symlinks are in general much simpler.

    Kyle already fixed up parisc (simple).
    x86 is simple - only a small patch needed to arch/x86/Makefile.
    I have not dared looking at um.

    But will you accept this stuff now or will we have to wait until
    next merge window?
    Now is a good time as development just started for next kernel.
    And testing is simple - does it build?

    It will come in via arch maintainers but I will assist.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-29 23:39    [W:0.020 / U:14.428 seconds]