SubjectQUEUE_FLAG_NONROT and merges
Hi Jeff,

I noticed you've added a new flag to indicate that the drive has no
seek costs and I figured it would be a good idea to use that on the
MMC/SD cards.

Since the name isn't entirely clear in what is implied, I just wanted
to check that there are no plans to assume that there is negligable
request overhead for queues with this flag. I.e. the flag should
indicate that the elevator doesn't have to care about seeks, but it
should still try to merge requests to reduce the transaction overhead.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.

  Last update: 2008-10-14 09:53    [W:0.053 / U:0.616 seconds]