SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] RSDL completely fair starvation free interactive cpu scheduler

* Con Kolivas <> wrote:

> This message is to announce the first general public release of the
> "Rotating Staircase DeadLine" cpu scheduler.
> Based on previous work from the staircase cpu scheduler I set out to
> design, from scratch, a new scheduling policy design which satisfies
> every requirement for SCHED_NORMAL (otherwise known as SCHED_OTHER)
> task management.

cool! I like this even more than i liked your original staircase
scheduler from 2 years ago :) Lets try what we did back then: put it
into -mm and see what breaks (if anything). But in general, it is
becoming increasingly clear that the interactivity estimator is a more
fragile concept than the built-in quota mechanism of the staircase
scheduler, so if it works in practice i'm quite in favor of it, even if
it regresses /some/ workloads.