    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/28] Patches to pass vfsmount to LSM inode security hooks

    --- Chris Wright <chrisw@sous-sol.org> wrote:

    > It's not really worth describing, since it's not
    > acceptable in upstream.
    > But it basically cycles vfsmnts and looks for
    > matches to guess which
    > part of the tree the dentry is in.

    Yick. Indeed, that would be bad.

    > This kind of change (or perhaps
    > straight to struct path) is definitely
    > needed from AA.

    It is certainly tempting to suggest that the
    path struct scheme would be better. The only
    argument against it that I see is the kind
    of changes you'd have to make to existing code.
    It's not even a matter of having to make
    changes, just which changes you make.

    Casey Schaufler
    casey@schaufler-ca.com

      Last update: 2007-02-05 21:27    [W:0.022 / U:0.204 seconds]