SubjectNext patches for the 2.6.25 queue
Hi Andrew,

I would like to post my next patches in a way that would make it as
easy for you and the community to review them. Currently, the patches
that have really settled down are :

* For 2.6.25

- Text Edit Lock
- Looks-good-to Ingo Molnar.
- Immediate Values
- Redux version, asked by Rusty

* For 2.6.25 ?

Another patchset that is technically ok (however Rusty dislikes the
complexity inherent to the algorithms required to be reentrant wrt NMI
and MCE, although it's been reviewed by the community for months). I
have also replyed to Ingo's concerns about effeciency of my approach
compared to dtrace by providing numbers, but he has not replyed yet.
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg238317.html

- Markers use Immediate Values

* Maybe for 2.6.26 ...

Once we have this, and the instrumentation (submitted as RFC in the past
weeks), in the kernel, the only architecture dependent element that will
be left is the LTTng timestamping code.

And then, from that point, the following patchset is mostly
self-contained and stops modifying code all over the kernel tree. It
is the LTTng tracer.

Trying to improve my approach : I guess that submitting at most 15
patches at a time (each 1-2 days), against the -mmotm tree, would be the
way to do it ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers

  Last update: 2007-12-13 16:13    [W:0.086 / U:0.212 seconds]