SubjectRe: metadata plugins (was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion)
Hans Reiser wrote:
> As for this "we are all too grand to be bothered with money to feed our
> families" business, building a system in which those who contribute can
> find a way to be rewarded is what managers do. Free software
> programmers may be willing to live on less than others, but they cannot
> live on nothing, and code that does not ever ship means living on nothing.

Using guilt as an argument in a technical discussion is a flashing red
sign that says "I have no technical rebuttal"

> If reiser4 is delayed enough, for reasons that have nothing to do with
> its needs, and without it having encumbered anyone else, it won't be
> ahead of the other filesystems when it ships.

What delay? This is open source. There is nothing stopping you from
worldwide distribution of the coolest Linux filesystem in the world.

Jeff

  Last update: 2006-07-29 01:11    [W:0.512 / U:0.088 seconds]