SubjectRe: metadata plugins (was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion)
Hua Zhong wrote:

>I remember someone said something along the lines of "Linux is evolution, not revolution". To me it seems unreasonable to put all
>the "revolutionary" VFS burden upon reiserfs team. It's not practical.

Thanks for saying that Hua. We have a guy named Nate Diller, who
probably could fix VFS up pretty nicely if Namesys did not have him
earning the consulting income the rest of the team lives on (he is doing
io scheduler work at the moment). That said, he would need a lot of
time, and stopping reiser4 inclusion to await his work merely ensures
his work will never happen.

  Last update: 2006-07-28 22:43    [W:0.190 / U:0.560 seconds]