    SubjectRe: does swsusp suck after resume for you?
    Date

    correct url:
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/swap-prefetch/2.6.16-rc6-mm1-swap_prefetch_test.patch

    > > 2 means aggressively prefetch as much as possible and then disable swap
    > > prefetching from that point on. Too confusing?
    >
    > Ahha... oops, yes, clever; no, I guess keep it.

    Ok the patch works fine for me and the feature is worthwhile in absolute terms
    as well as for improving resume.

    Pavel, while we're talking about improving behaviour after resume I had a look
    at the mechanism used to free up ram before suspending and I can see scope
    for some changes in the vm code that would improve the behaviour after
    resuming. Is the mechanism used to free up ram going to continue being used
    with uswsusp? If so, I'd like to have a go at improving the free up ram vm
    code to make it behave nicer after resume. I have some ideas about how best
    to free up ram differently from normal reclaim which would improve behaviour
    post resume.

    Cheers,
    Con

      Last update: 2006-03-16 22:35    [W:0.030 / U:30.152 seconds]