    SubjectRe: does swsusp suck after resume for you?
    On Pá 17-03-06 08:33:26, Con Kolivas wrote:

    > correct url:
    > http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/swap-prefetch/2.6.16-rc6-mm1-swap_prefetch_test.patch

    I'm sorry, I'm leaving for mountains tommorow, so it will take me a
    while to test it.

    > > > 2 means aggressively prefetch as much as possible and then disable swap
    > > > prefetching from that point on. Too confusing?
    > >
    > > Ahha... oops, yes, clever; no, I guess keep it.
    >
    > Ok the patch works fine for me and the feature is worthwhile in absolute terms
    > as well as for improving resume.

    Good.

    > Pavel, while we're talking about improving behaviour after resume I had a look
    > at the mechanism used to free up ram before suspending and I can see scope
    > for some changes in the vm code that would improve the behaviour after
    > resuming. Is the mechanism used to free up ram going to continue being used
    > with uswsusp? If so, I'd like to have a go at improving the free up
    > ram vm

    Yes, it is.

    > code to make it behave nicer after resume. I have some ideas about how best
    > to free up ram differently from normal reclaim which would improve behaviour
    > post resume.

    One possible improvement would be to never ever return 0 if there can
    still be more memory freed. Rafael did some ugly workaround, but we
    do not even understand the problem.
    Pavel
    --
    82: return SampleTable;