    SubjectRe: git tag in localversion
    On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 12:21:37AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:31:24PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > > I think this question better be addressed to Ian or Sam (Andrea, did
    > > you pick a wrong entry from your address book?), adding them to CC...
    > hmm, if you're not the right person it means hg log -p has some
    > problem... this changeset was submitted by you according to mercurial.

    I submitted the "Auto Localversion" change (and a fix for the fact that
    it doesn't auto-disappear on a tagged version like it is supposed to,
    submitted 5 minutes ago).

    Yes, the goal of this was to avoid overwriting similar, but different
    versions, for those of us who are, too lazy to download patches,
    but are willing to type "git pull origin && make oldconfig && make" on a
    regular basis.

    My suggestion would be to classify these wherever they would fall if the
    -gXXXXXXXX wasn't present, as they fall into the same category.

    They won't get as much testing, but if you see 5 or 10 of these in the
    same category and -rc range, that's a good indication that a few people
    are testing those kernels.

    Ryan Anderson
    sometimes Pug Majere

      Last update: 2005-09-13 10:39    [W:0.040 / U:7.788 seconds]