    Subjectgit tag in localversion

    The patch that adds the git tag in the localversion is screwing klive a
    bit, see the 2.6.13-g* entries in

    Those are supposed to go in the homepage but they're not recognized
    anymore due the git tag and so they go in the unknown page.

    So either we add a branch name in /proc/branch (for mainline that will
    be "2.6.13 mainline", that tells the release number and the branch, or I
    shall do a bit more of regexp on the localversion). The branch tag has
    the advantage of being able to more reliably recognize non-mainline
    kernels as well, klive was made for mainline, I didn't expect so many
    users with vendor kernels, but that's ok as long as the regexp on uname
    -r works ;). The regexp is already falling apart with distro like
    debian, so the sort of /proc/branch was suggested by them infact.

    Yet another way would be to remove the git tag from the localversion ;),
    but I doubt that it would be ok with you since it'd pratically backout
    the feature. I don't think it would be enough for you to have the git
    tag in /proc, the way I understand it you want it in the uts_release to
    avoid overwriting

    Suggestions welcome thanks.

      Last update: 2005-09-12 23:10    [W:0.028 / U:12.092 seconds]