    Subjectgit tag in localversion
    Hello,

    The patch that adds the git tag in the localversion is screwing klive a
    bit, see the 2.6.13-g* entries in
    http://klive.cpushare.com/?branch=unknown

    Those are supposed to go in the homepage but they're not recognized
    anymore due the git tag and so they go in the unknown page.

    So either we add a branch name in /proc/branch (for mainline that will
    be "2.6.13 mainline", that tells the release number and the branch, or I
    shall do a bit more of regexp on the localversion). The branch tag has
    the advantage of being able to more reliably recognize non-mainline
    kernels as well, klive was made for mainline, I didn't expect so many
    users with vendor kernels, but that's ok as long as the regexp on uname
    -r works ;). The regexp is already falling apart with distro like
    debian, so the sort of /proc/branch was suggested by them infact.

    Yet another way would be to remove the git tag from the localversion ;),
    but I doubt that it would be ok with you since it'd pratically backout
    the feature. I don't think it would be enough for you to have the git
    tag in /proc, the way I understand it you want it in the uts_release to
    avoid overwriting system.map.

    Suggestions welcome thanks.

      Last update: 2005-09-12 23:10    [W:0.033 / U:94.196 seconds]