    SubjectRe: OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog
    Dmitry Torokhov <> writes:

    >> So let me sum up: Never rely on things that cannot be made 100%
    >> unique in case you like to run security relevent software like cdrecord.
    > Because for the most types of devices out there they don't make any sense
    > and just provided for compatibility with legacy software.

    Like cdrecord.

    > Also, from a bit different perspective - do you also want users to mount
    > If not why writing application should use different addressing?

    Let's start referring to files by device and inode number instead.
    It's so much easier than using pathnames. Maybe we can even force
    them into a bus,target,lun scheme. Then the device files and the
    corresponding scsi addresses will automatically collapse, and all
    problems will be solved.

    Måns Rullgård

      Last update: 2005-05-31 01:33    [W:1.416 / U:0.152 seconds]