SubjectThe "best" value of HZ
Date
Hi,

during the last years there has been a lot of discussion about the "best"
value of HZ... On i386 was 100, then became 1000, and finally was set to 250.
I'm thinking to do an evaluation of this parameter using different
architectures.

Has anybody thought to give the possibility to modify the value of HZ at boot
time instead of at compile time ? This would allow to easily test different
values on different machines and create a table containing the "best" value
for each architecture... At this moment, instead, we have to recompile the
kernel for each different value :(

Do you think there would be much work to do that ?
Do you think it would be a desired feature the knowledge of the best value for
each architecture with more precision ?

Thanks,

Claudio

  Last update: 2005-10-28 01:22    [W:0.044 / U:0.228 seconds]