    Subjectmd and RAID 5 [was Re: LVM2]
    Thank you all for having been so kind in your responses and help.

    However, there is one more set of questions I have.

    Does the md (software raid) have disk size or raid volume limits?

    If I am using such things as USB or 1394 disks, is there a way to use
    labels in /etc/raidtab and with the tools so that when the disks, if
    they do, get renumbered in /dev that all works fine. I am aware that the
    kernel will autodetect these devices, but that the raidtab needs to be
    consistent. This is what I am trying to figure out how to do.

    Thank you,
    Trever Adams
    "A modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous
    object in the whole creation." -- Goldsmith

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.049 / U:27.068 seconds]