    Subjectchanging local version requires full rebuild
    Hi!
    Is it just me, or does changing the local version always require
    a full kernel rebuild?

    If so, I'd like to fix it, since I like copying
    my kernel source with --preserve and changing the
    local version, then going back to the old version in case of
    a crash.
    Its important to change the local version to force
    make install and make modules_install to put things in a separate
    directory.

    Any ideas on why is that and whether its possible to fix it?

    mst

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:91.752 seconds]