    SubjectRe: [0/25] Merge pmdisk and swsusp

    > In the end, these patches remove pmdisk from the kernel and clean up the
    > swsusp code base. The result is a single code base with greatly improved
    > code, that will hopefully help others underestand it better.

    Thanks a lot for the patches.

    > Please pull from
    > bk://

    Unfortuanetly I can't just pull (I'm not allowed to use bitkeeper). I
    could roll them into one big patch and then push them to akpm on my
    own, but that would loose history :-(.

    Patches #1 .. #4 are trivial enough to go in as soon as you want. I'd
    prefer the rest of the patches to be tested in -mmX kernels a bit (for
    a testing and so that I can do x86-64 support).. Comments to specific
    patches follow.

    > <> (04/07/17 1.1846)
    > [Power Mgmt] Share variables between pmdisk and swsusp.
    > - In pmdisk, change pm_pagedir_nosave back to pagedir_nosave, and
    > pmdisk_pages back to nr_copy_pages.
    > - Mark them, and other page count/pagedir variables extern.
    > - Make sure they're not static in swsusp.
    > - Remove mention from include/linux/suspend.h, since no one else needs them.
    > <> (04/07/17 1.1845)
    > [Power Mgmt] Remove more duplicate code from pmdisk.
    > - Use read_swapfiles() in swsusp and rename to swsusp_swap_check().
    > - Use lock_swapdevices() in swsusp and rename to swsusp_swap_lock().
    > <> (04/07/17 1.1844)
    > [Power Mgmt] Remove duplicate relocate_pagedir() from pmdisk.
    > - Expose and use version in swsusp.
    > <> (04/07/17 1.1843)
    > [Power Mgmt] Make pmdisk dependent on swsusp.

    Horseback riding is like software...
    ...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.031 / U:25.416 seconds]