    SubjectRe: Fix up power managment in 2.6
    On Maw, 2003-09-02 at 11:21, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > The whole point was to get rid of the old 2 step save_state, then
    > suspend model which didn't make sense. A saved state is only meaningful
    > as long as that state doesn't get modified afterward, so saving state
    > and suspending are an atomic operation.

    Very old myth. In fact just about every scheduler on the planet exploits
    the fact this is untrue.

    save state
    continue running doing scheduler stuff
    restore other state losing the state in the middle we dont need

    Ditto with a lot of I/O devices. My audio save state and suspend can be
    seperated - I might play a little bit of a song twice but is that a bug

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:7.824 seconds]