    SubjectRe: Fix up power managment in 2.6

    > > > Please don't - that means undoing all the work I've put in to make
    > > > ARM work again, and I don't have time to play silly games like this.
    > >
    > > Okay, so Patrick broke ARM and you fixed it. But he also broke i386 and
    > > x86-64; and it is not at all clear that his "newer" version is better
    > > than the old one. [Really, what's the advantage? AFAICS it is more
    > > complicated and less flexible, putting "suspend" method to bus as
    > > oppossed to device].
    > I don't think PCI device support broke - Pat seems to have fixed up
    > all that fairly nicely, so the driver model change should be
    > transparent.

    As far as I can test, yes, at least UHCI looks broken :-(. It is true
    that calling convention at PCI level did not change.

    > The main advantage from a driver writers point of view is the disposal
    > of the "level" argument. (Doesn't really affect x86, PCI drivers never
    > had visibility of this.)

    Yes, "level" is gone, instead we have very ugly
    -EAGAIN-means-call-me-with-interrupts-disabled hack.

    > However, I'll let the PPC people justify the real reason for the driver
    > model change, since it was /their/ requirement that caused it, and I'm
    > not going to fight their battles for them. (although I seem to be doing
    > exactly that while wasting my time here.)

    I noticed something going on, but it seem to me one more "struct bus"
    would have solved that...
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.043 / U:106.764 seconds]