SubjectRe: Job Announcements (was Linux TCP/IP Stack Developer)
Hello !

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:25:08PM -0700, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> What makes you believe that all 30,000+ readers of LKML would not welcome
> short, tasteful, single-shot announcements of such development positions?
> Particularly if the announcement was for work within moving distance of
> where a reader lives?

I'm certain you're right at this point, ie there may be *some* people here
interested by an occasional advertisement, while most others see these mails
as other junk that sometimes filter through David's filters.

The problem is that advertising for job offering costs *a lot* to companies,
particularly when high level profiles are needed (can be up several months of
the employee's fee). Considering this, if nobody does the unpleasant police
work here, more and more companies will attempt their chance to catch someone
for free here, being unfair to other regular ones, and annoying all of us
several times a day. And I'm not counting all the companies which send fake
offerings just to get some free ads for their products (we've already seen
some here).

So the only way to prevent this from happening, is to forbid them to do it,
even if some people may miss one good opportunity. There are sites for this,
even newsgroups, so it clearly doesn't have its place here. I'm sure David
also has a lot of other reasons for this, but I sincerely think that the ones
I exposed here are already good justifications by themselves

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.261 / U:0.004 seconds]