    SubjectRe: Dual Athlon 2000 XP MP nightmare
    * Steve Cole (coles@vip.kos.net) wrote:
    > I'm not sure that what I'm experiencing is a kernel problem, but I thought
    > I would stick my foot in the door nonetheless, since I have no real
    > indication of what is going on.

    Hi Steve,

    > I have a dual Athlon 2000+ XP MP system. It's crashing very frequently and
    > looks to be getting worse. It seems to crash less with 2.4.19pre10-ac2
    > which supports the 760 bus and 744x IDE controller, but with something that
    > is as intermittent as this, who can tell?

    Can I clarify something - are the processors XP's or MP's ? If they are
    XP's well then that isn't a supported operation and might well not work
    relliably.

    > I get EIP errors and Null pointer exception errors during full kernel
    > panics. I've had a lot of file system corruption in ReiserFS originally and
    > now in EXT2, both fixable though Reiser seemed worse. Uptime is measured in
    > hours - usually 12 or more, sometimes two or three.

    Have you tried running this single processor? Is it reliable?

    Dave
    ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.023 / U:359.564 seconds]