SubjectCombined low latency & performance patches for 2.4.18
Date
I've combined the following patches against 2.4.18:

Scheduler 0(1)
Low Latency
Preemptible
Compressed cache
new IDE subsystem

These are based on fairly recent patches, but not all are the latest.

I've noticed palpable improvements (the feel of using the machine) enabling
all of these except for the compressed cache but have no data to support my
feelings. The machine I tried them on was up for 3 weeks with heavy loads and
proved to be quite stable. I've posted a combined patch at:

http://kernel.kolivas.net

Feel free to test it out and tell me what you think.
Thanks very much to those who put all the effort into each one of these
patches.

Con Kolivas

P.S. Please CC me as not subscribed to LKML.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:3.626 / U:0.528 seconds]