    SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...
    On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 05:50:25PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > On Monday 22 April 2002 17:44, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > > On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 02:53:13PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > > > I hope I made it clear that I believe BK is helping Linux. Furthermore, I
    > > > don't see why Larry should not collect some advertising for his contribution.
    > > > Within limits. IMHO, we're on the wrong side of the limit at the moment,
    > > > and moving further with no sign of moderating.
    > >
    > > Yes, because so many purchasing managers spend their time reading the
    > > Documentation subdirectory of the Linux kernel in order to decide what
    > > SCM system they should use.
    > >
    > > The existence (or non-existence) of the docs has absolutely no marketing
    > > value to BK.
    >
    > So you have no problem with moving them to a website, leaving a url in
    > SubmittingPatches?

    Do you have a problem with moving other docs out to Websites, which are
    describing closed-spec hardware? Such hardware (and their vendors) are
    actively anti-open source, yet we have documents describing those, too.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.024 / U:1.516 seconds]