SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

(Linus removed from the CC... nudge nudge, Larry and Daniel)

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 10:17:50AM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Why don't you ask Jeff to stick in the doc saying something like
> BitKeeper is not free software. You may use it for free, subject
> to the licensing rules (bk help bkl will display them), but it is
> not open source. If you feel strongly about 100% free software
> tool chain, then don't use BitKeeper. Linus has repeatedly stated
> that he will continue to accept and produce traditional "diff -Nur"
> style patches. It is explicitly not a requirement that you use
> BitKeeper to do kernel development, people may choose whatever tool
> works best for them.

Roman Zippel suggested something like this, I am perfectly fine with
putting a "disclaimer" like this in the doc.

It was _never_ my intention to imply that BK is required for kernel

I want to actively dispute that notion... while encouraging its use,
since I believe BK is a useful tool for kernel development.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.303 / U:4.620 seconds]