    On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:37, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
    > > I'm not interested in rewriting the source address with netfilter based
    > > on destination and/or service; What I'm looking for is rather a way to
    > > initiate two connections to the same destination host using the two
    > > different source IP addresses.
    > The simple answer is that if you need a specific IP address
    > associated with a "multi-honed" host, that has only one interface,
    > then something is broken. And you get to keep the pieces.

    There are some reasons why you might like to use a specific address on a
    machine that is multi-homed, although normally the logic in the kernel works
    fine. I won't try to explain it in detail at this stage, but link-local is a
    personal favourite.

    Probably all you want is to use the SO_BINDTODEVICE socket option.

    - -- 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Aust. I'm registered. Are you?
    Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: For info see

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.029 / U:3.048 seconds]