    On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:47:46AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Instead of doing this stuff half-assed, just convince Linus to use BK :)
    >
    > Jeff

    It might be good if I (and others who are interested) worked on a document
    describing the work flow that has been discussed here, in particular
    the sort of network of people that Linus mentioned and Dave showed in
    his ascii art. That document would be a useful thing to hand to newbies
    regardless of whether BK or any other CVS is in the picture because it
    would describe how things work today, more or less.

    It is also useful as a stake in the ground which says that any CVS
    which wants to be considered in this problem space has to solve that
    work flow, or come pretty darn close. If BK can do it, that would be
    good, that's why we built it. If it can't, you still get a useful doc
    describing how things work and we can go back and try and fix BK.

    If you think this is a good idea and you are one of the 20-30 maintainers
    close to the center of the network, let me know. If anyone wants to work
    on this or just watch the progress, I can have a mailing list set up
    tomorrow. If there is interest in the doc, I think I could have something
    with nice pictures and text in a week.
    --
    ---