    On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > It might not be a bad idea to just make that "mention maintainer at the
    > top of the file" the common case.

    You snipped the part I was actually interested in. Let me try again.

    We're agreed that the files themselves are the best indicator of where to
    route patches, and that MAINTAINERS isn't useful for much besides deciding
    who should get IPO offers ;-). What I'm wondering is where I, as someone
    who is listed in some of the Documentation/* stuff as its maintainer, should
    be sending patches. You want a hierarchy, and I think that's perfectly
    reasonable, but I have no idea who the layer of the hierarchy between me and
    you is....

    later,
    chris

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.028 / U:0.648 seconds]