    SubjectRe: Poor Performance for ethernet bonding
    Andi Kleen wrote:

    > On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 08:19:50AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
    > > Couldn't the bonding code be made to distribute pkts to one interface or
    > > another based on a hash of the sending IP port or something? Seems like that
    > > would fix the reordering problem for IP packets.... It wouldn't help for
    > > a single stream, but I'm guessing the real world problem involves many streams,
    > > which on average should hash such that the load is balanced...
    >
    > It could, but then it is already implemented in a better way in multipath
    > routing and I see no reason to duplicate the functionality.

    On the surface, multi-path routing sounds complicated to me, while
    layer-2 bonding seems relatively trivial to set up/administer. Since we do
    support bonding, if it's a simple fix to make it better, we
    might as well do that, eh?

    I haven't used either, so this is just idle supposition on my part...

    Ben

    --
    Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear@excite.com>
    President of Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com