SubjectRE: question about scsi generic behavior
Date
Well,

Hardcoding of block size to 512 bytes for disk devices is what currently
either the block device driver or the sd driver is doing. Because, if
I run dd to the same device using the corresponding block device (sde)
it runs fine. So, I feel that either the sg driver or the block device
driver
or sd driver needs to be fixed.
One more thing is that, sg driver can find out from READ_CAPACITY the
current
block size on the device. So, if dd specifies bs=4096 and count=1, then
accordingly, the sg driver should set the count to 8 and bs to the bs of
the device. IMHO, untimately, the total transfer length is what matters.

Regards,
-hiren
(408)970-3062
hiren_mehta@agilent.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:3.079 / U:0.408 seconds]