    SubjectRE: question about scsi generic behavior

    Hardcoding of block size to 512 bytes for disk devices is what currently
    either the block device driver or the sd driver is doing. Because, if
    I run dd to the same device using the corresponding block device (sde)
    it runs fine. So, I feel that either the sg driver or the block device
    or sd driver needs to be fixed.
    One more thing is that, sg driver can find out from READ_CAPACITY the
    block size on the device. So, if dd specifies bs=4096 and count=1, then
    accordingly, the sg driver should set the count to 8 and bs to the bs of
    the device. IMHO, untimately, the total transfer length is what matters.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.021 / U:1.748 seconds]