    SubjectRe: Microsoft and Xenix.
    On Saturday 23 June 2001 10:07, Rob Landley wrote:
    > Here's what I'm looking for:
    > AIX was first introduced for the IBM RT/PC in 1986, which came out of the
    > early RISC research. It was ported to PS/2 and S/370 by SAA, and was
    > based on unix SVR2. (The book didn't specify whether the original
    > version or the version ported to SAA was based on SVR2, I'm guessing both
    > were.)

    You are partially correct. AIX (Advanced Interactive eXecutive) was built
    by the Boston office of Interactive Systems under contract to IBM. We had
    a maximum of 17 people in the effort which shipped on the RT in January

    Prior to that time, Interactive Systems had produced a port of System III
    running on the PC/XT called PC/IX which was sold via IBM. I used PC/IX to
    produce the software only floating point code in the first version of AIX.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.021 / U:2.000 seconds]