SubjectRe: Microsoft and Xenix.
Date
On Sunday 24 June 2001 21:45, Jeff Dike wrote:
> landley@webofficenow.com said:
> > Licklidder wasn't just a bigwig behind arpanet, he also kicked off
> > project mac at MIT.
>
> You're right, but you could at least spell his name right - J. C. R.
> Licklider.
>
> Jeff (who was his last undergraduate thesis supervisee at MIT)

What can I say, I'm bad with names?

This is why I'm so careful to write them down accurately in my notebook,
which is at home. (I have some stuff typed into a text file on my laptop,
but it's easier to drag out a notebook and jot something down then to wait 30
seconds for my dell monstrosity's bios to boot up, open a window, cd to the
approprite directory, edit a text file, then shut everything down again.

I should probably get a palm pilot one of these days...

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:2.061 / U:0.324 seconds]