    SubjectRe: [OT] DRM OS
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Dave Jones <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Amazing, just a few days since the Sklyarov release, and
    > already people are forgetting this is a very real problem.

    Who's forgetting? The scary part is that corporate fascism is
    basically the political reality in the U.S. (who is pushing very hard
    to export it to the rest of the world, for obvious reasons) today.
    Note that SSSCA failed not because of any freedom concerns, but
    because Microsoft and Intel didn't want the gov't to tell them what to

    I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S. no
    longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy.

    <> at work, <> in private!
    "Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:34.816 seconds]