SubjectRe: [OT] DRM OS
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> > Remember DMCA ? Remember SSSCA ?
> I watch DVD's with DeCSS. Come and get me.

point ------>
<------ Aaron

I suggest you reread what happened to the implementor of
DeCSS since you've obviously forgotten.

Whilst it's not practical for authorities to go 'get' every user
of such things, there are several real world examples where
they've gone after implementors, and distributors of such
technology.

In a hypothetical scenario where we have sound drivers that
provide ways to bypass watermarking and the likes
(or even failure to implement whatever technology is
deemed "necessary"), kernel.org becomes a distributor of
"software to bypass access controls".

Amazing, just a few days since the Sklyarov release, and
already people are forgetting this is a very real problem.

regards,
Dave.