    SubjectRe: Is sendfile all that sexy?

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Gerhard Mack wrote:

    > PS I wish someone would explain to me why distros insist on using WU
    > instead given it's horrid security record.

    I think it's a case of "better the devil you know..".

    Think of all the security scares sendmail has historically had. But it's a
    pretty secure piece of work now - and people know if backwards and
    forward. Few people advocate switching from sendmail these days (sure,
    they do exist, but what I'm saying is that a long track record that
    includes security issues isn't necessarily bad, if it has gotten fixed).

    Of course, you may be right on wuftpd. It obviously wasn't designed with
    security in mind, other alternatives may be better.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:18.758 / U:0.016 seconds]