SubjectRe: Linux Jobs: Update
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Bill Wendling wrote:
>
> > Also sprach Kjartan Maraas:
> > [sb problem snipped...]
> > }
> > } This is described in Configure.help I think. It's now a kernel command
> > } line option.
> > }
> > *ahem* excuse me...
> >
> > AAAAAAA!!!!!
> >
> > WHY?!?! This is horrid! No longer can I simply reboot my machine but I
> > have to use command line options?
>
> Oh wah. Use modular sound then.
>
> Jeff

This thread is getting sick ....

Command line what?
Boot parameters?

I think some people must be too busy getting their flames in to make sure
their facts are strait.

The following worked for me:
make menuconfig
go to the "Plug and Play configuration" sub menu
enable "Plug and Play" support.
enable "ISA Plug and play support"

This works ... no command line options needed. This is MUCH easier than
the old way folks.. If I had known this was the fix in the first place I
wouldn't have started this whole damn thread.

Someone earlier said that they think command line options are a kludge and
he was correct. I don't think they are needed here and they are just as
much a kludge as compiling the settings in.

What we have now is that most of the time we now need one less kludge.

Can we let this thread die now?

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.174 / U:0.120 seconds]