    SubjectRe: Linux Jobs: Update
    Also sprach Khimenko Victor:
    } In <20000313004548.C10197@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu> Bill Wendling (wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu) wrote:
    } Argh. What's the screams all over the place ? You CAN NOT boot Linux without
    } command line option. I repeat. You CAN NOT boot Linux without using command
    } line option. Never was, never will. You MUST specify at least one option:
    } root=blah-blah-blah ... This option is not specifyed as append=... in LiLo
    } but, for example, in loadlin you must specify it explicitly. And compiled
    } defaults (where you need to RECOMPILE kernel just to reflect changes in
    } jumper settings) are kludges. Thus they were removed (not all I afraid).
    }
    Why are they removed? Why aren't both acceptible with lilo command line
    options specified used as overrides to the compiled in defaults?