SubjectRe: Linux Jobs: Update
My PAS-16 is pre-ISA-PnP, so it doesn't get configured, there are also
Sound Blasters out there that aren't ISA-PnP-able (although at work my ISA
SB was found and configured correctly, nice).

So I must use command line parameters or go with modular sound, but my
card isn't always happy with modules, especially if they get unloaded and
reloaded (that was in 2.2.14, I'm not sure now, cause I don't do that
anymore).

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> This thread is getting sick ....
>
> Command line what?
> Boot parameters?
>
> I think some people must be too busy getting their flames in to make sure
> their facts are strait.
>
> The following worked for me:
> make menuconfig
> go to the "Plug and Play configuration" sub menu
> enable "Plug and Play" support.
> enable "ISA Plug and play support"
>
> This works ... no command line options needed. This is MUCH easier than
> the old way folks.. If I had known this was the fix in the first place I
> wouldn't have started this whole damn thread.
>
> Someone earlier said that they think command line options are a kludge and
> he was correct. I don't think they are needed here and they are just as
> much a kludge as compiling the settings in.
>
> What we have now is that most of the time we now need one less kludge.
>
> Can we let this thread die now?
>
> Gerhard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:3.311 / U:0.008 seconds]