    Subjectlinux 2.2.19pre and thttpd (VM-global problem?)
    Hi all,

    I'm expiriencing a problem with thttpd web server
    (www.acme.com/software/thttpd) on recent linux 2.2 kernels with Andrea's
    VM-global patches. Without the patch server runs normally with its usual
    dose of complaints on the linux platform (it's being developed on BSD
    afaik), but with the patch it runs ok for about three days (depends on
    traffic i guess), then enters into some state where it reports 'out of
    memory' for every larger file (>1Mb) it starts serving and dies. When it
    comes back up it dies again whitin 10 seconds. As this is not happening
    on a stock kernel and the restart of the server itself has no efect, i
    conclude it has to be something there in the VM-global that thttpd
    doesnt really like. As the VM-global seems to be the only cure for the
    VM_do_try_to_free_pages problem, which is an issue for me too, i'd
    really like to hear some official words on this before 2.2.19 comes out
    with VM-global ... and while i'm at it, can we expect ide patch in
    2.2.19 too?

    --

    Pegasus