       Date: 	Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:31:51 -0700
    From: Tim Riker <>

    Me or Alan? I did not mean this as a dig. I feel strongly that one
    should have the choice here. I do not choose to enforce my beliefs on
    anyone else. I am suggesting only that others should provide the same
    courtesy. I truly meant "Thank you for you opinion". I feel the
    community benefits from the differing opinions contained within it.

    Yes, but that argument doesn't hold once you start asking the everyone
    to work on making that choice available. The question that some part of
    the community may ask is --- why should we help you make it possible to
    use a propietary C compiler?

    Choice also implies a choice not to work on things which help some
    particular person's pet cause, whether that is C++ kernel code, or
    propietary C compilers. If it makes the code harder to maintain or more
    complex, it impacts everyone, and it's fair to ask the question whether
    or not the feeling "one should have the choice here" is worth the cost
    which you're asking everyone to bear.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.019 / U:98.128 seconds]