SubjectRe: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL PROPOSAL)
On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 09:24:20PM -0500, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
> No, I'm going to suggest that your profit-driven rationale is of little
> importance to some people here. Most people just want a system that works;
> justify it in terms of what it can do, and people will listen.

I refer you to my original response on the thread where I asked how Aegis
would solve a set of problems. So where are the answers?

> None. I've neither used your product, nor Peter's; my source management
> experience is via RCS, SCCS, and CVS, along with in-house tools. Again,
> I've also never claimed that either system is better, nor have I claimed
> expertise with either one. I've simply stated that you've belittled him
> for even daring to speak on the subject regarding his offering because he
> is not providing commercial support for the product.

That's simply not true. I took him to task because he doesn't have a
solution which solves the problems nor does he have a business model
which will give him the resources that it is reasonable to expect are
needed to solve the problem.

We had this discussion a year ago with the same conclusion.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm@bitmover.com http://www.bitmover.com/lm