    SubjectRe: [offtopic] funny BSD people
    Date
    Once upon a time,  <sinster@balltech.net> said:
    >Sprach Thomas Davis <tadavis@lbl.gov>:
    >> the only BSD net thingy in the kernel, is SLHC.
    >
    >Maybe now that's true. But it hasn't always been.

    What version has something else? Several people who know what they are
    talking about have said here that the Linux kernel has not ever used a
    BSD derived networking stack. It is possible that someone ported over a
    version of it, but it was never in the standard distribution.

    Check out http://ps.cus.umist.ac.uk/~rhw/kernel.versions.html for the
    kernel history.
    --
    Chris Adams <cadams@ro.com> - System Administrator
    Renaissance Internet Services - IBS Interactive, Inc.