SubjectRe: linux-ipsec: Re: New Comer's Question: Can you recommend a IDE/ debuger?
On 23 Jul, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 08:38:26AM +0800, chenl wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm sorry to bother you. Being a new comer for Linux kernel programming,
>> I'm tired of editing by 'vi', and debug by 'gdb'.
>> Is thers any better Integrate Programming Environment, better
>> user-friend debugger, which is as convenience as those of 'MS Windows's'
>> ?
>
> Use xemacs and ddd (my prefered combination)
> or wipeout (free for small non-commercial projects)
> or kdevelop (has to grow up a little more)
> or xwpe (for Borland fans)
>
> Probably there are many more ...

Cygnus has what appears to be a very good package. ...haven't tried it.

Code Warrier has a lot of respect from a lot of good people and is now
available for Linux. ...haven't tried it either.

However, debugging is where these types of products are most
insteresting and probably won't help much for kernel debugging.

Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer Real World Interface, Inc.
Senior Systems Engineer Robots for the Real World