    SubjectRe: [OFF-TOPIC] Register Linux
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: "Leonardo Marques de Souza" <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Helo,
    > I would like to know, any one (one each country, depending of
    > law) can register "linux" to deny others ,in the same country,
    > to sell CDs, Disks, Books
    > with "Linux" inside??
    > A enterprise in Brazil, are trying to register "linux" to deny
    > others to sell CD with mark "Linux" subscribed on CD. For
    > example: If i try to sell CDs with name "Linux UlaUla" i can't
    > !!!! olny with name "UlaUla OS" or "OSx"or others name without
    > "Linux" in.....
    > Its'possible!!??? "Linux" name is not a international
    > trendmark of Linus or Gnu?

    Yes, it is. Even if it is not registered in a particular country, per
    international trademark law you don't have to register it (it just
    simplifies the burden of proof.) In most countries, attempting to
    register a trademark knowing it is already in use is considered fraud,
    and is criminal.

    "The user's computer downloads the ActiveX code and simulates a 'Blue
    Screen' crash, a generally benign event most users are familiar with
    and that would not necessarily arouse suspicions."
    -- Security exploit description on

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:18.588 seconds]