SubjectRe: Ext3 Filesystem
Hi,

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:13:37 -0800 (PST), Brion Vibber
<brion@gizmo.usc.edu> said:

> I'm not sure how much I like having hidden mysterious things in my
> filesystems that I can't see... of course if I can't see them, I can't
> step on them. :) If there's a nice tool to create and configure the
> hidden journal, then I don't think I'd mind.

Yes, tune2fs will have this.

> Is there any way to change the journal size later on though? It seems like
> it ought to be possible to do if for some reason one must. Harder with
> things hidden...

Yes. You will be able to remove the journal and add a new,
differently sized on. You will have to have the filesystem unmounted
to do this, though.

> e2fsck would probably need to be taught not to treat the journal as a lost
> file too,

There is already a range of inode numbers which e2fsck treats as
reserved. e2fsck will also have to be taught about journal recovery,
but all that will come.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.106 / U:0.216 seconds]