    SubjectRe: SBLive driver source - Dxr2/3
    On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 11:21:38AM +0000, Tony Hoyle wrote:

    > > I wouldn't think so. In fact, the Dxr3 is a re-badged RealMagic Hollywood
    > > Plus. People on Windows platforms are actually using the Hollywood Plus
    > > drivers with their Dxr3 cards because they are more reliable than Creative's
    > > own Dxr3 drivers. There are also applications that let you get around region
    > > coding and Macrovision with the H+ drivers.
    > >
    > Hmm... I still have an H+ in a box somewhere which I ditched when I got a Dxr2 -
    > the H+ software crashed on half the DVDs I tried it on & the front end software
    > was crap. I'm surprised Creative have gone that way.. oh well...
    >
    > Drivers for the H+ would be nice, but Sigma designs aren't going to release Linux
    > drivers (they have publicly stated this) since the CSS decryption needs to be done
    > is software & they are covered by NDA with it. I suppose it's possible Creative might
    > break ranks and release the H+ specs anyway (I wouldn't hold your breath though).

    shit, these dxr2 encore kits are rare and cost at least the same a drx3 encore kit...
    what are the features of the dxr3, the dxr3 does not have? i can't find any information
    about the dxr2 on the creative site...

    bye
    Steffen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.021 / U:0.288 seconds]