SubjectRe: SBLive driver source - Dxr2/3
Lee Rhodes wrote:

> I wouldn't think so. In fact, the Dxr3 is a re-badged RealMagic Hollywood
> Plus. People on Windows platforms are actually using the Hollywood Plus
> drivers with their Dxr3 cards because they are more reliable than Creative's
> own Dxr3 drivers. There are also applications that let you get around region
> coding and Macrovision with the H+ drivers.

Hmm... I still have an H+ in a box somewhere which I ditched when I got a Dxr2 -
the H+ software crashed on half the DVDs I tried it on & the front end software
was crap. I'm surprised Creative have gone that way.. oh well...

Drivers for the H+ would be nice, but Sigma designs aren't going to release Linux
drivers (they have publicly stated this) since the CSS decryption needs to be done
is software & they are covered by NDA with it. I suppose it's possible Creative might
break ranks and release the H+ specs anyway (I wouldn't hold your breath though).

Tony

--

"There will never be an internet division at Microsoft" -- Bill Gates
"Doh!" -- Homer simpson

tmh@magenta-logic.com