SubjectRe: Hot PCI bus plugging
Hi!

* Eric Lowe (elowe@myrile.madriver.k12.oh.us) [991124 16:44]:
> Since PCI is P&P we also need to assign an open IRQ and PCIBARx to the card.

I made some first tests with my laptop and the docking station:

1) cold start with laptop docked:
lots of PCI devices (Bus 0 and 7)
2) cold start with laptop undocked:
only a few PCI devices (only Bus 0)
3) cold start with laptop undocked, docked a lilo prompt:
only a few PCI devices (only Bus 0)
4) cold start with laptop docked, undocked a lilo prompt:
only a few PCI devices (only Bus 0)

First I missed one very important test, but did that today:

5) cold start with laptop docked, undocked a lilo prompt, redocked again at lilo prompt:
a little more PCI devices (Bus 0 and 7)

Only the bridge and the SCSI controller showed up at the last
test. Test #1 showed some additional pcmcia bridges, the ide
controller and a few more. Cannot say the exact difference here, but
#1 and #5 definetly differ. Could post the output of /proc/pci, but I
don't think it's of much interest.

Alex

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.083 / U:0.588 seconds]