SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> In article <>,
> Geert Uytterhoeven <> wrote:
> >
> >Please don't waste your time on creating these patches. These things are
> >functional in the vger tree (
> He's not wasting time.

He is.

Besides, his patches were incorrect.

> I have stopped synching up to vger a _long_ time ago. Anybody who still
> thinks vger has _any_ relevance to the standard kernel is very much
> misguided.

In that case, please disable CONFIG_FB completely on the Intel platform, so I
won't see any complaints about it anymore. And be sure 2.2 will support less
platforms than 2.0. Other platforms rely on an up-to-date drivers/video.

_I_ am used to getting other patches to make things work on my machines, but
unfortunately other's aren't...

Geert Uytterhoeven
Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP}